Monday, October 09, 2006

Holiday Cookies

Tomorrow will be my official start day to holiday baking.

Every year I bake and send cookies to family and friends. Though I have found that in the last few years I've slacked off quite a bit due mostly to rising postal costs.

I have however, made a promise to myself this year to send cookies to at least my immediate family members. So few people anymore actually make a variety of cookies and I find that most people truly do appreciate the effort.

I usually start with the basics...Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip w/nuts, Oatmeal, Snickerdoodles and after the mood hits and my baking gene really kicks in I move on to more complicated and elegant cookies. I try to stick with ones that travel and freeze well.

I will keep this blog updated with the cookies I bake daily. And I do tend to bake and freeze at least 1 batch a day.

I look forward to sharing and to suggestions!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yes, I know isn't everyone? LOL

Anonymous said...

You didn't plan on doing shortbread by any chance were you?

Linda said...

absolutely, I make shortbread every year

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM! My favorite!