Sunday, January 08, 2012

A New Chapter

It's been a while since I've written on this blog. Most of the people following it probably won't even remember who I am.

I think I need this back in my life to help me work through this transition though.

After almost 14 years of sporadic part time employment, I have re-entered the full time workforce. Dan, my husband quit a position that moved us closer to Denver and I have found myself in need of full time employment.

I have begun a career as an "Executive Resolutions" team member at a provider of satellite television. Yes, I am a glorified customer service agent!

I took this position in early December and am now out of my first phase of training. I'm not sure whether this is the career path that I will remain on, but for now it's rather interesting. And it's a pretty good gig, the biggest down-side being that during this training phase I am tethered to a telephone for 8 hours a day.

After years of laid back positions, it's been a little difficult adjusting to a more restrictive, tabs kept on me, environment. We'll have to wait and see how it goes. But for now, it's where I am and I need to make the best of the situation.

I have met some wonderful people on this journey, both men and women, who are turning out to be a sort of extended family for me. Everything from former military to newly separated, to pregnant with first child, to furloughed airline attendant, to single mom and divorced men to me...former stay at home mom with aspirations of owning her own bakery.

So, come along with me on this journey...you never know what's going to happen next in this girl's life.

1 comment:

The Headless Housewife said...

Congratulations on re-starting your blog! You made my day by following mine, you are the first! Thanks. I would love to open my own bakery too!! I will pray for you and I mean that sincerely, not just words! Good luck!