Monday, January 29, 2007

Weddings and Moms


My eldest child Todd, is getting married this July. I'm so proud and happy as he picked a delightful young woman to spend his life with

I am trying to come up with something that I can make for them as a keepsake. Something that screams DANDY!

Here's what I don't want

Cute frilly crap! Like in the clipart I just uploaded I don't do cute

I was thinking an altered book of wedding life, but I'm not sure which book to use. Maybe a Maya Angelou (though I feel guilty about even touching or using her words in that way. Kind of a blasphemy) But she's so wise and I could use lines from her books so easily.

I need to find the perfect book. The book that has enough of a love story with enough good lines to make it sweet and enough sappy lines to make it smartassable.

Or I am very good at embroidery but I can't find sort of design that isn't frilly and makes me want to puke.

Anyone who reads this, (though I see few do) with an idea, please post!

No comments: